Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar
3800 Highland Avenue #106
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Phone: (630) 960-0023
Monday, Thursday, Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Nonsurgical injectable fillers have many uses in facial rejuvenation. They can add volume to thinning facial features and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and creases. Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar uses injectable fillers like JUVÉDERM® and Sculptra® to help people from Naperville, Downers Grove, and throughout suburban Chicago look younger without surgery.
Injectable Filler Considerations
Today, there are many different fillers to choose from. Popular options include:
- JUVÉDERM: Made with hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance in the body, this filler is a smooth-consistency gel that glides easily into the skin. It is well-suited for restoration of volume loss due to facial aging and may last up to 1 year. Produced by the maker of BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM is available in a variety of formulations including JUVÉDERM Ultra, JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus, JUVÉDERM Volbella, and JUVÉDERM Voluma:
- JUVÉDERM Ultra is an excellent option for treating mild to moderate wrinkles due to volume loss around the nose and mouth.
- JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus is a thicker, more viscous filler than JUVÉDERM Ultra. It can provide more dramatic results in areas with deeper lines and hollows in the face. JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus restores immediate volume and a smoother appearance to the face.
- JUVÉDERM Volbella is a smooth flexible filler specifically designed for subtle lip plumping and smooth lines around the mouth.
- JUVÉDERM Voluma is utilized for restoring volume to the cheek and mid face. This formulation may last up to 2 years.
- Sculptra®: Unlike hyaluronic acid fillers, Sculptra is made with poly-L-lactic acid. It actually stimulates collagen growth for a gradual, natural-looking, long-lasting (up to 2 years) improvement. In addition to reducing wrinkles, Sculptra can correct the appearance of facial fat loss.
Dr. Jejurikar also offers an alternative to dermal fillers called fat grafting. Transferring fat from an area of the body where it’s unwanted to use as a facial filler is a good option for patients who want longer-lasting results. Unlike synthetic fillers, fat is a permanent filler that can be used to smooth fine lines and wrinkles or correct the appearance of bags under the eyes. It’s also used for lip and cheek augmentation.
Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar is a board-certified plastic surgeon who is committed to helping you look and feel your very best.Meet Dr. Jejurikar
The Injectable Filler Procedure
Injectable fillers can accomplish a variety of cosmetic goals. They can be used for wrinkle reduction, to fill-out facial features that have lost volume through the aging process, or for lip enhancement in suburban Chicago. How the procedure is performed depends upon the type of filler and the purpose for which it is being used. The procedure is usually performed in Dr. Jejurikar’s office. Most of the time, it will be performed with local anesthesia. Treatment is generally quick and comfortable. There will be a few injections with a small needle, and you’re on your way.
Recovery & Results
Treatment with injectable fillers requires virtually no downtime. After the procedure, you can return to your normal routine within 24 hours. The results of each injectable filler can vary from patient to patient. However, depending upon the filler you choose, you can expect results to appear quickly and last anywhere from several months to 2 years. These nonsurgical treatments are repeatable, so you can come back to Dr. Jejurikar for continued improvement.Back to Top