Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar
3800 Highland Avenue #106
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Phone: (630) 960-0023
Monday, Thursday, Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Many men develop large or feminine-looking breasts. While quite common, this condition (referred to as gynecomastia) can be frustrating. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar performs male breast reduction surgery to help free men from the embarrassment caused by gynecomastia so that they can enjoy intimacy and physical activity again. Men visit Dr. Jejurikar for gynecomastia surgery from across Downers Grove, Naperville, Plainfield, and other Chicago suburbs.
Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
What Is Gynecomastia?
To understand gynecomastia and its treatment, there are some key facts to keep in mind.
- Gynecomastia can be caused by a variety of factors such as hormonal changes, heredity, illness, or drug use.
- When it occurs, it can appear on either a single breast or on both breasts.
- The large size can be made up of excess localized fat, excess glandular tissue, or a combination of the two.
- Unfortunately, many men in the Chicago area living with gynecomastia have discovered that the solution is not “hitting the gym.” In many cases, the condition cannot be eliminated with diet or exercise.
Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar is a board-certified plastic surgeon who is committed to helping you look and feel your very best.Meet Dr. Jejurikar
The Male Breast Reduction Procedure
Dr. Jejurikar performs male breast reduction surgery in the suburban Chicago area in two ways: excision or liposuction. In some instances, he may combine both techniques. Dr. Jejurikar determines which method to use based on each patient’s unique needs.
- If gynecomastia is caused by excess fat, yet there is not a great deal of excess skin, liposuction can be a good option for some patients. Liposuction is a versatile body contouring procedure that can improve a variety of areas, not just male breasts.
- If gynecomastia is caused by excess glandular tissue and/or there is a great deal of excess skin, excision may be the best choice. Excision techniques for male breast reduction can vary, and Dr. Jejurikar develops a treatment specifically for each patient.
Male Breast Reduction Recovery & Results
A lot of the men Dr. Jejurikar sees for breast reduction surgery have lived for a long time with the self-consciousness and teasing associated with gynecomastia. They’ve found many ways to hide or minimize the condition and have even spent a great deal of energy avoiding certain situations such as swimming where they would have to reveal their chest. After surgery, these men usually feel relived, confident about their appearance, and more comfortable with themselves.Back to Top