Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar
3800 Highland Avenue #106
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Phone: (630) 960-0023
Monday, Thursday, Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Having children is one of the most rewarding experiences a woman can have. However, some physical changes that are inevitable with pregnancy remain long after childbirth. Unfortunately, they cannot be reversed with diet or exercise. That’s why many women elect to improve their appearance by choosing a Mommy Makeover from Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar in Downers Grove. Women from Naperville and other nearby communities choose these combined plastic surgery procedures to address the effects of pregnancy and childbirth.
Mommy Makeover Considerations
Women often express concern that combining procedures may lead to increased risk of complications. However, studies indicate that these combined procedures do not carry more risk than the procedures performed individually. In fact, having several procedures at once means that patients do not have to undergo multiple recovery periods and may even mean lower cost for some patients.
The Mommy Makeover Procedure
The details of the surgery depend upon the specific procedures being performed. As with all plastic surgery procedures, a Mommy Makeover is personalized for each patient. Procedural options include:
- Breast Enhancement: Breast augmentation can restore volume lost through breastfeeding. A breast lift can restore a perky shape. Often, these two procedures are combined for breasts that are full and youthful.
- Body Contouring: A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) can remove excess skin and fat as well as tighten stretched abdominal muscles. Liposuction can help to slim a variety of body areas such as the hips, thighs, abdomen, upper arms, and more.
- Facial Sculpting: Some women choose to rejuvenate their face with a facelift or another facial sculpting procedure.
- Skin Care: Many women are relieved to find that there are nonsurgical options available for skin care. These skin care procedures (such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, injectable fillers, peels, and resurfacing) can restore the smooth skin and healthy glow that are often diminished after too many nights spent awake with baby.
Dr. Jejurikar will discuss anesthesia, the duration of surgery, incision locations, and other procedural details with you during your consultation, as these are different for each patient.
Recovery and Results
Recovery is an important factor for moms. Raising children and caring for a family can be hectic, not leaving much time for rest. However, taking the time to heal after a Mommy Makeover is absolutely essential. Patients should arrange to have someone help them with their daily activities for several days so that they can enjoy some time off and recover completely from surgery.
When recovery is complete, moms are greeted by a slimmer, more youthful shape that reflects their inner vibrancy.
Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar is a board-certified plastic surgeon who is committed to helping you look and feel your very best.Meet Dr. Jejurikar
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Mommy Makeovers only for women who have had children?
No. Aging and fluctuating weight can take a toll on a woman’s body, similar to changes that occur after pregnancy. Combining breast enhancement, a tummy tuck, and liposuction may be an excellent choice for a woman who wants to make aesthetic changes to her body and streamline the recovery process.
What does a Mommy Makeover cost?
The price of a Mommy Makeover varies quite a bit, depending on the specific procedures included and the extent of surgery required. It’s difficult to estimate specific costs for plastic surgery in general because a number of factors are involved, including the experience and training of the surgeon, related fees for the operating room and anesthesiologist, and even the geographic region where the surgery is performed. All of our patients are provided a firm price quote following their consultations. We are dedicated to helping our patients achieve their cosmetic goals and offer financing through CareCredit® for qualified individuals.
Is it safe to combine surgical procedures?
Yes, combining surgical procedures is a safe treatment path when performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon. The benefits of performing multiple procedures during a single operation include cost savings, only having to plan for one recovery, and completing your aesthetic transformation all at once. While it is true that the risk of complications increases for longer operations, a typical Mommy Makeover can be completed in fewer than 4 hours. Your safety is Dr. Jejurikar’s top priority, and he creates a surgical plan that accomplishes all your goals and ensures your well-being.
Is there anything I can do to prepare before a Mommy Makeover?
Dr. Jejurikar provides patients with detailed instructions about specific medications to avoid prior to surgery and related information. Generally, it’s a good idea for patients to reach certain goals before scheduling a Mommy Makeover operation, such as:
- Achieving your desired target weight
- Establishing an exercise routine that includes both aerobic and resistance training
- Eating a healthy diet
- Avoiding the use of tobacco
- Making sure you’ve planned to have time off work and the support of friends or family during the recovery period