With the holiday hustle behind us and 2019 off and running, now is the perfect time to focus on you. For many of my Downers Grove, IL, patients, this means taking action to achieve the body of their dreams. That’s where I come in as a board-certified plastic surgeon—excited about helping patients discover their best bodies ever.
Plastic surgery procedures like mommy makeovers, breast augmentation, and fat reduction treatments are giving patients more options than ever before for looking and feeling amazing. These procedures often serve as a fantastic kickoff point for long-term health transformations and have been known to energize patients for years.
In this post, I’d like to take a look at a few popular options and discuss the benefits patients may receive from each one.
For women whose bodies have changed as a result of pregnancy or weight loss, a mommy makeover is the ultimate option for restoring youth through a significant transformation. It offers the benefit of multiple procedures, which can be performed as a custom combination, with only one recovery period.
- Breast Enhancement: Breast augmentation to add fullness, a breast lift to restore perkiness, or a combination of the two is often a major part of a mommy makeover.
- Body Contouring: Liposuction helps with fat reduction while a tummy tuck addresses sagging skin. They are often performed together for an optimal result.
- Nonsurgical Options: Injectables like BOTOX® or fillers, along with skin procedures such as chemical peels and laser treatments, further restore life to the skin and add to the anti-aging effect.
Breast enhancement is a popular choice for women looking to bring their femininity forward, address any insecurities, and revitalize their confidence. This customizable set of procedures offers a range of options for women of any body type with any desired result.
- Augmentation: Breast augmentation or enlargement involves the placement of a silicone or saline implant, sometimes with added fat grafting. Each procedure is personalized with unique size and shape adjustments, according to the patient’s preference.
- Lift: A breast lift works to reverse the effects of gravity, aging, and breastfeeding to restore shape and position. This is often combined with augmentation.
Slimming down is a common new year’s or pre-summer resolution for many people and body contouring can be key in achieving that goal. These procedures are designed to sculpt the body’s shape and often serve as motivation for those on their own fitness journeys.
- Liposuction: Traditional liposuction and power-assisted liposuction (PAL) use suction to sculpt and slim areas of stubborn fat.
- Tummy Tuck: After pregnancy or weight loss, a tummy tuck addresses loose skin to tighten up the midsection. It can also be helpful in treating separated abdominal muscles or concerns such as stretch marks.
If you want to create a new you this year, but aren’t ready for surgery, nonsurgical treatments are a less invasive alternative. These options can freshen up your look from the outside in.
- Injectables: Treatments like BOTOX and fillers can restore youth to your face, address any wrinkles, and even recontour your features to harmonize the overall appearance of the face.
- Skin Treatments: HydraFacial treatments, microneedling, laser treatments, and chemical peels can all rejuvenate your skin to make you feel refreshed and ready to take on the world in the new year.
Plastic surgery can play a helpful role in your journey to reveal a better you this year, given the vast range of customizable options that exist today. To get an idea of what it can do for you, see our before-and-after photo gallery.
If you’re ready to take the next step or want to learn more about plastic surgery in Downers Grove, please contact us to request a consultation.